Yay Bellingham!
Last night we had our first actual show as a tribal group, and my second performance ever. It was at this hafla in Bellingham. Apparently it used to be a regular thing, but the original person doing it wasn't able to anymore. I don't know how long it's been since then, but a new group took it over and it was AWESOME. The place is this performing arts center, a little place with a nice dance floor and actual bleachers (probably fifty to sixty people total, at most). I was totally, completely impressed by the entire thing, especially considering it was their first time.
Also...Banat Sahar (not sure of spelling)...you guys absolutely rock! It's awesome to watch a group of people who obviously have so much fun together.
In other news:
Aji doesn't want to be the leader for tribal anymore. She still wants to do it, I guess, but she doesn't have the interest or drive to lead the group in that style. So this leaves me with a decision...do I want to step up and take over as leader of Kalah Rawahney? I don't even know for sure how to spell it! I'm pretty sure that's right :)
In any case, I've discovered that dance music, fast stuff that's a bit more rock-ish, totally inspires me. I credit Unmata for helping me figure this one out. Mom bought a new CD that they used in their seminar, Crystal Method, and I love it. Just listening to it makes me think of dance moves. I totally want to get to the point of doing actual, improvised tribal performances. It's going to take a huge amount of work. Even if we made up a new combo every week for the next six months, that's barely enough to fill a song!
So no matter what happens, I've got a lot of work ahead of me.
Note to self:
Don't forget the combo that suddenly occured while listening to Mom's new CD! It's a grapevine thing that's done in a circle, everyone's hands palm to palm. Step two three four five six...turn eight, palms go together again, reverse directions. I think this would be very cute, but probably at least three dancers to make it work right.
Other note to self: Email the girls who put on the show last night! Much thanks and congrats in order.
Third note to self: Time to get back to work :)
Also...Banat Sahar (not sure of spelling)...you guys absolutely rock! It's awesome to watch a group of people who obviously have so much fun together.
In other news:
Aji doesn't want to be the leader for tribal anymore. She still wants to do it, I guess, but she doesn't have the interest or drive to lead the group in that style. So this leaves me with a decision...do I want to step up and take over as leader of Kalah Rawahney? I don't even know for sure how to spell it! I'm pretty sure that's right :)
In any case, I've discovered that dance music, fast stuff that's a bit more rock-ish, totally inspires me. I credit Unmata for helping me figure this one out. Mom bought a new CD that they used in their seminar, Crystal Method, and I love it. Just listening to it makes me think of dance moves. I totally want to get to the point of doing actual, improvised tribal performances. It's going to take a huge amount of work. Even if we made up a new combo every week for the next six months, that's barely enough to fill a song!
So no matter what happens, I've got a lot of work ahead of me.
Note to self:
Don't forget the combo that suddenly occured while listening to Mom's new CD! It's a grapevine thing that's done in a circle, everyone's hands palm to palm. Step two three four five six...turn eight, palms go together again, reverse directions. I think this would be very cute, but probably at least three dancers to make it work right.
Other note to self: Email the girls who put on the show last night! Much thanks and congrats in order.
Third note to self: Time to get back to work :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home