The Week of Much Butt-Kicking
Wow, two posts and it's still the same month! This has to be some kind of record. Anyway, this week I kicked my own butt three times and had it soundly kicked once. This is how it went:
Sunday - Our usual practice. We pushed pretty hard as we're trying to figure out our entire tribal piece by the show we have next weekend. It's not choregraphed, really, but we do have sections that are choregraphed and where the timing's a bit tricky. Anyway that was fun.
Monday - I practiced with Mom, not too hard but still it was tough after being sore from the day before. We worked out some tribal things, got some ideas about how to end our piece we've got now, etc. It's nice because we both remember different parts, so together we can sorta get it.
Saturday - Dress Rehersal! It was great fun, though I need to play a bit with what to do with my hair. My head hurt after not too long, and still hurt the next day. But everything else was good, and I loved how my makeup came out. Mel video taped us, which was both good and bad. Good because the troupe looked pretty good, bad because...gah! I need to lose wait, and how!
Sunday - Unmata kicked my butt! These girls are crazy! High energy, lots of drilling, lots of complicated steps and intricate combos...but boy did we have fun! Mom and I went, and it was three hours of complete insanity. I was very impressed though, and I especially liked the way they danced to non-traditional music. I think it makes more sense to take the kind of music you like and dance to it, then to figure out how you like to dance and use the music you're 'supposed' to use.
I happen to have a very nice Nine Inch Nails song picked out for a tribal-ish solo...eventually.
So three pretty tough practices, and one absolutely crazy seminar, and today I'm so completely sore! But in a good way. If I keep this up, maybe I'll eventually get into the kind of dancing shape I want to be in.
Here's hoping this week is just as tough! :)
Sunday - Our usual practice. We pushed pretty hard as we're trying to figure out our entire tribal piece by the show we have next weekend. It's not choregraphed, really, but we do have sections that are choregraphed and where the timing's a bit tricky. Anyway that was fun.
Monday - I practiced with Mom, not too hard but still it was tough after being sore from the day before. We worked out some tribal things, got some ideas about how to end our piece we've got now, etc. It's nice because we both remember different parts, so together we can sorta get it.
Saturday - Dress Rehersal! It was great fun, though I need to play a bit with what to do with my hair. My head hurt after not too long, and still hurt the next day. But everything else was good, and I loved how my makeup came out. Mel video taped us, which was both good and bad. Good because the troupe looked pretty good, bad because...gah! I need to lose wait, and how!
Sunday - Unmata kicked my butt! These girls are crazy! High energy, lots of drilling, lots of complicated steps and intricate combos...but boy did we have fun! Mom and I went, and it was three hours of complete insanity. I was very impressed though, and I especially liked the way they danced to non-traditional music. I think it makes more sense to take the kind of music you like and dance to it, then to figure out how you like to dance and use the music you're 'supposed' to use.
I happen to have a very nice Nine Inch Nails song picked out for a tribal-ish solo...eventually.
So three pretty tough practices, and one absolutely crazy seminar, and today I'm so completely sore! But in a good way. If I keep this up, maybe I'll eventually get into the kind of dancing shape I want to be in.
Here's hoping this week is just as tough! :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home