Sheesh
Ajmaani sent me an email the other day, asking what had happened to my blog. My first reaction was "aw, someone reads my blog?", but then my second reaction was "it hasn't been that long, has it?".
Yes, it has. You see, I last posted just after the last time I practiced. This was two weeks ago. That is what is known as 'not good'. See, we didn't have class the Sunday after Halloween, and somehow my little brain decided that made it okay to continue to not practice.
But today my ass (not as little as my brain, unfortunately) is telling me that this was what is known as a 'bad idea'. You see, today my ass hurts. We didn't even do much yesterday! I mean, we had a great practice, but nothing horribly strenuous. If I'm this sore today after barely doing anything yesterday, then I need to get back on it!
I've gone back to making sure I bring lunch to work every day. It was a lot easier when Aji worked here for some reason, but I'm determined. No more Subway for lunch (curse you Jared, you lie!) or that sort of thing. Salad, with chicken. Except today, which is soup because there was no lettuce this morning.
Maybe I could (*gasp!*) buy some. What a concept.
Anyway, back to doing pilates and/or dance three times a week. Going to the performance Saturday night was inspiring, to say the least. I mean, I could DO that! Maybe not live music, 'cause I think I'd freeze up, but I could do choreography. I'm very psyched about tribal getting going, and talked to a friend of Aji's Saturday who's at a lot of bellydance things. She said that one of the Tribal Infusion ladies does lessons from 6-7 one day a week. I definitely need to check that out.
I mean, I love Ajmaani and our group so much, but I've never taken lessons from anyone else. Even when I used to ride horses, I used to take lessons from different trainers. I think you need to get the different points of view. I'm also very interested to see the videotapes Aji got. That's gonna be fun.
Oh, I also foud out that there's apparently a local dancer who goes by "Safirah". Once again making me glad I chose to go by the shortened version of "Safi". I think it just fits me, is all, and that's very important.
So yes...salads...lessons...more practice...etc...
Yes, it has. You see, I last posted just after the last time I practiced. This was two weeks ago. That is what is known as 'not good'. See, we didn't have class the Sunday after Halloween, and somehow my little brain decided that made it okay to continue to not practice.
But today my ass (not as little as my brain, unfortunately) is telling me that this was what is known as a 'bad idea'. You see, today my ass hurts. We didn't even do much yesterday! I mean, we had a great practice, but nothing horribly strenuous. If I'm this sore today after barely doing anything yesterday, then I need to get back on it!
I've gone back to making sure I bring lunch to work every day. It was a lot easier when Aji worked here for some reason, but I'm determined. No more Subway for lunch (curse you Jared, you lie!) or that sort of thing. Salad, with chicken. Except today, which is soup because there was no lettuce this morning.
Maybe I could (*gasp!*) buy some. What a concept.
Anyway, back to doing pilates and/or dance three times a week. Going to the performance Saturday night was inspiring, to say the least. I mean, I could DO that! Maybe not live music, 'cause I think I'd freeze up, but I could do choreography. I'm very psyched about tribal getting going, and talked to a friend of Aji's Saturday who's at a lot of bellydance things. She said that one of the Tribal Infusion ladies does lessons from 6-7 one day a week. I definitely need to check that out.
I mean, I love Ajmaani and our group so much, but I've never taken lessons from anyone else. Even when I used to ride horses, I used to take lessons from different trainers. I think you need to get the different points of view. I'm also very interested to see the videotapes Aji got. That's gonna be fun.
Oh, I also foud out that there's apparently a local dancer who goes by "Safirah". Once again making me glad I chose to go by the shortened version of "Safi". I think it just fits me, is all, and that's very important.
So yes...salads...lessons...more practice...etc...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home