And there you have it, folks...an idea!
Class yesterday was good, if a bit lacking in energy. Most of us were fairly tired from various weekend hijinks, so there was a bit less sweat than usual. We played around with formations, which can get pretty interesting. With five people there are a lot of different things we can do, because we don't have to worry about space so much as some of the bigger groups. In tribal, formations tend to be the one thing planned out beforehand. Many groups will plan where they will be at any given time, but what move they are doing depends on the dancer leading at that time.
Occasionally in our group, we get to talking about ideas and come up with a really good one. Yesterday Samaar (or as I like to call her, Mom) had an idea about all of us coming onto the stage holding the same veil. My brain took that another step, with the idea that there would be one veil (sort of bunched up and rope-like) between each pair of dancers.
Something like this:
X - X - X - X - X
Where X is a dancer, and - is a veil.
Anyway, I wasn't really getting my point across, but Zhael seemd to get what I was trying to say. Even more than that, when we each took hold of one veil to sort of demonstrate it, inspiration struck. Zhael is very good at ideas and specifics, whereas I tend to be very general in my thinking, but it was neat what we came up with. It's hard to explain, but a lot of it involves taking in and letting out slack, and two dancers doing moves while holding on to either end of a veil, or something like it. It can be used standing up, or for floor work, or for various things, and may end up being something we do as a duet.
Very, very neat! I think it would be awesome to have a 'signature move'. That, and I think it will be very entertaining to watch when we're done with it.
Yay!
Occasionally in our group, we get to talking about ideas and come up with a really good one. Yesterday Samaar (or as I like to call her, Mom) had an idea about all of us coming onto the stage holding the same veil. My brain took that another step, with the idea that there would be one veil (sort of bunched up and rope-like) between each pair of dancers.
Something like this:
X - X - X - X - X
Where X is a dancer, and - is a veil.
Anyway, I wasn't really getting my point across, but Zhael seemd to get what I was trying to say. Even more than that, when we each took hold of one veil to sort of demonstrate it, inspiration struck. Zhael is very good at ideas and specifics, whereas I tend to be very general in my thinking, but it was neat what we came up with. It's hard to explain, but a lot of it involves taking in and letting out slack, and two dancers doing moves while holding on to either end of a veil, or something like it. It can be used standing up, or for floor work, or for various things, and may end up being something we do as a duet.
Very, very neat! I think it would be awesome to have a 'signature move'. That, and I think it will be very entertaining to watch when we're done with it.
Yay!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home