I'm Dancin' Like a Monkey!
Sorry, please excuse the Invader Zim - esque title. Anyway I'm not dancing like a monkey, I'm dancing like air! No, really. You see, right when we first started this tribal thing someone or other had the idea of doing a dance with the four elements. Or wait...maybe it was before we started tribal, because at the time we had four dancers?
In any case, now we have five dancers which is actually perfect for the whole pagan pentagram / five elements thing. There are earth, air, fire, water and spirit. The group has started thinking on an idea that will likely come to fruition sometime in 2007.
*snickers* I said 'fruition'. Who says that?
Okay, so...mom's earth, which is perfect, Zha-el is fire which I can totally picture, Khalisa is water which is her favorite, and I ended up with air. Oddly this is usually my least favorite of the elements, and completely contrary to my zodiac which is Capricorn, an earth sign...but I like it. I think it'll give me a chance to explore another aspect of my personality, rather than going with the style I usually drop into, which is more earthy with lots of hip movements and such. Doing air will probably involve a veil, which I love the idea of...they're so pretty, and swishy, and...yeah :)
I was sort of hoping for water, but then when I thought about my ideas for it, they all really fit air a lot better. Water would be good with all sorts of movements, I think. There needs to be fast parts, and slow parts, undulations and different kinds of things. Water is very...changing.
We're not sure if we're going to use props yet, unless you count that I'm going to have a veil. I think it would be neat if we all had an aspect of our element in front of us before we started dancing (it's going to probably be the five of us sitting in a circle, or pentagram, with one dancing at a time and then all together). So in other words, we're sitting on our knees, and I have...oh, say insense in front of me, and Zha-el has a candle, mom has some kind of plant, and Khalisa has maybe...we were thinking a crystal ball of some sort to represent water.
Anyway it's all in the planning stages, but it's an idea we all seem to really like. I can definitely see this turning into a signature piece for the group.
Also we're going to have a 'solstice' party. I put solstice in quotes because it likely won't happen anywhere near the actual solstice. But we're going to have a bonfire, and hang out...just the five of us. Ah, the bonding...
In any case, now we have five dancers which is actually perfect for the whole pagan pentagram / five elements thing. There are earth, air, fire, water and spirit. The group has started thinking on an idea that will likely come to fruition sometime in 2007.
*snickers* I said 'fruition'. Who says that?
Okay, so...mom's earth, which is perfect, Zha-el is fire which I can totally picture, Khalisa is water which is her favorite, and I ended up with air. Oddly this is usually my least favorite of the elements, and completely contrary to my zodiac which is Capricorn, an earth sign...but I like it. I think it'll give me a chance to explore another aspect of my personality, rather than going with the style I usually drop into, which is more earthy with lots of hip movements and such. Doing air will probably involve a veil, which I love the idea of...they're so pretty, and swishy, and...yeah :)
I was sort of hoping for water, but then when I thought about my ideas for it, they all really fit air a lot better. Water would be good with all sorts of movements, I think. There needs to be fast parts, and slow parts, undulations and different kinds of things. Water is very...changing.
We're not sure if we're going to use props yet, unless you count that I'm going to have a veil. I think it would be neat if we all had an aspect of our element in front of us before we started dancing (it's going to probably be the five of us sitting in a circle, or pentagram, with one dancing at a time and then all together). So in other words, we're sitting on our knees, and I have...oh, say insense in front of me, and Zha-el has a candle, mom has some kind of plant, and Khalisa has maybe...we were thinking a crystal ball of some sort to represent water.
Anyway it's all in the planning stages, but it's an idea we all seem to really like. I can definitely see this turning into a signature piece for the group.
Also we're going to have a 'solstice' party. I put solstice in quotes because it likely won't happen anywhere near the actual solstice. But we're going to have a bonfire, and hang out...just the five of us. Ah, the bonding...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home