Thursday, March 23, 2006

Combo Mania

So apparently we're going to try doing this tribal thing the right way. Well, I guess I should say "right" (note quotation marks) because really, there is no "right" way to dance. That said, the thing I love best about the tribal style is that it's improvised. You make up combos, drill on them, develop cues, and then use that to put together a performance on the spot.

Last night Mom and I practiced for over an hour, starting with drilling moves and moving on into combos and such. We worked on who leads and who follows, which direction to face, basic stuff like that, and put together I think four combos, along with practicing the ones we learned at the workshop.

I already absolutely love it, even though we have barely enough to fill half a song. But really, it doesn't take as much as you'd think, and it's just...wow, it's just so much fun. I can't wait until our next class when we can do all this stuff with the full group!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home