Thursday, September 29, 2005

So far, so good

So yesterday I didn't get time to full-on practice, but I did make sure to do my pilates. I also managed to practice the steppy shimmy thing, which I can now do to the right for a while (when I get tired it gets sloppy, yet another reason to practice more) but to the left it's a bit...challenged. Once I started getting into it a bit, I realized how much fun that move is going to be.

It takes me about 20 to 25 minutes to go through our whole pilates routine, usually with 10 repetitions or so of each exercise (I say 10 or so because I usually lose count and have to estimate). I try to do all the ones I can remember, which for our class means a lot of things having to do with stomach muscles because bellydancers need to have a strong core. So today my tummy is sore, and so are my legs, but in a good way. I feel like I'm actually accomplishing something, but without being so sore I can't move.

When it comes to things like practicing, I have a tendancy to get all excited about it, do it for a few days and then burn out. I'm hoping that won't be the case with this. I want to get in better shape for numerous reasons, bellydancing only being one of them. Hence the blog, which will hopefully keep me more honest with myself about how much I really am practicing, and thus motivate me to practice more. Anyway, so far so good...